UTTHITA PARSVAKONASANA (Extended Side Angle Pose)
To get there:
- Start with your feet more that hip distance apart, toes facing the long side of your mat.
- Point your right toes towards the top of your mat and keep your left foot parallel with the back of your mat.
- Line up your back arch and front heel and ensure that you can see your right big toe on the inside of your front knee.
- Lunge deeply through your front leg and bring your right elbow to your right knee. Sweep your left arm up overhead and bring the gaze to your left bicep.
- Hold for 30 seconds to 1 minute and come up on an inhale by reaching your left arm towards the ceiling.
- Reverse the feet and hold for same amount of time on the opposite side.
- Stretches and strengthens the legs, knees, and ankles
- Stretches the groin, waist, chest, lungs, and shoulders
- Promotes core strength by stimulating abdominals
- Promotes digestions
- Helps low back ache and menstrual discomfort