I am a huuuuuuge fan of hummus and can pretty much put it on any dinner dish and be completely satisfied. Actually, if you are someone who doesn’t eat cheese, hummus is a great alternative to add some creaminess to your meal.
This recipe substitutes edamame for chickpeas so you still get the protein, but with a kiss of green J
- 500g (1 bag) frozen organic shelled edamame
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup of tahini
- 2-4 tbsp water to thin as needed
- 1/2- 1 tsp fine grain sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1/8th tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Garnish: Smoked paprika, freshly ground black pepper, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Edamame
1- Thawed edamame- simmer in a pot of water until heated (follow instructions on bag). Rinse and drain before using. You can remove the skins for a smoother spread, but it is not necessary. Set aside a few beans for garnish **
2- With motor turning on food processor, drop in 2 garlic cloves to mince.
3- Add edamame to processor and process until somewhat smooth
4- Add lemon juice, tahini and water and process again until smooth.
5- Add salt to taste along with optional cayenne pepper, paprika and black pepper. Process until combined.
6- Serve and garnish as you see fit. Serve with crackers, chips, pita… anything.