Thursday, March 7, 2013

Off My Chest

Last week I completely fell off the “being organized” wagon… which rationally I know is ok. It’s ok to not have everything in life planned all the time. But part of what really makes me tick and be successful is maintaining a rhythm that keeps me on track- keeps my mind on track, my body on track, and let’s face it, my emotions on track. Staying really organized so I can fit in all the amazing pieces of my day without getting overwhelmed is key.
If I’m in a slump or feeling a little low,  a run or some yoga will usually perk me up… but I mean, so will vacuuming. Weird right?

Anyway, last weekend I did ZERO prep on anything- no groceries, no veggies for juice… nothing. I watched Grey's Anatomy and Scandal in excess. I ate chocolate every night from Friday-Sunday.
And when I woke up Monday morning that all really stressed me out. 
  
I know that some people might read this and be like… CHILL OUT! And don’t get me wrong, I say it to myself every once in a while too, but the truth is, when you know who you are and what makes you happy, I mean, you really just have to embrace it.

I love to relax and I don't eat healthy all the time.
I know it's ok to eat some chocolate every once in a while.
Those things just don't set me up to be as "prime" as I could be.
You know?

Anyway, I just really needed to get this all off my chest- I am sure I am not the only one who has ever felt the pressure to be perfect... right!? Plus having a blog called "Fitness Junkie" when I am being a junk food junkie, makes me feel like a bit of a fraud. 
So I am coming clean- ok?

Here is how I have made this week better: 
1-     Washed and prepped veggies for juice 

2-     Ensured I have my training plan for the week in place.  
3-     Planned my dinners in advance so I don’t resort to sushi. (I ate sushi THREE times last week)
4-     Got to bed early
5-     Chilled the heck out

Thanks for listening. It took me 4 days to have the courage to actually post this.
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment