Thursday, January 24, 2013

Make the Commitment

Over the last few months… ok 5 months…I have been enjoying a fitness regime that is completely carefree and flexible. Coming from the Ironman program where every workout counts, this has been a really nice change of pace. I decide when I run and how long I run. I decide when I bike and how many km I bike. I decide to teach more classes, or go to other people’s classes, or even get rid of my classes! I stretch… I downward dog… and I sweat it out in Hot Yoga. I decide when I go for a swim at the aquatic center- for 5 months I have decided on never.

However, a little over a month ago I came to realize that without a goal, I have found my training to be lacking. Like I was 1 foot in, 1 foot out. Not committed to anything, but still wanting to feel that same sense of accomplishment with my physical self.

Sometimes being 100% in is the easiest way to live. And 99% can be really tough.
When you are 100% it’s a no-brainer. You just go for the run, put in the hours, feel great at the end. It is such a simple equation.

99% leaves room for humming and hawing… “Should I get up and go to the gym?” … “Should I watch the Real Housewives or bust out an hour on my bike?”… Too many choices!

At 100% you are fully committed, which makes the choice easy, because there isn’t one.

When you make training a must you sign up for the race.
In so many areas of my life I am beginning to see that half measures (even 99%) are not only not enough, but they are harder than just committing and being all in.

TRANSACTION RECORD ==========


155 Colonnade Rd #17
OttawaON K2E 7K1
Canada


TYPE:   Purchase

ACCT:   Visa             $288.54 CAD

CARD HOLDER:   Caitland Pecknold
DATE/TIME  :   22 Jan 13 16:26:47
REFERENCE #:   00000001 2006554 E
AUTHOR. #  :   094797

     Approved - Thank You 000

SIGNATURE



________________________________________


Kate Pecknold is now Registered
for Oliver Half Ironman Triathlon in the Individual
.


No comments:

Post a Comment