Taking a rest day away from major fitness and the gym is a definite MUST and something that is very challenging for me. But because I know that giving the body a break is not only ok, it's actually incredibly important, I gave myself this Saturday to just chill out ...
The morning started off slow. 1030am wake up ( hours later than normal ), a leisurely walk across the street for an Americano, followed by a really yummy breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Oats.
After some major house organization I met up with Lauren for a Hot Class at YYoga... it was packed, sweaty and felt amazing.
What is your favourite thing to do on a Saturday?
Peanut Butter Banana Oats
- 1 large very ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-1 tsp chia seed (or ground flax)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- toppings: So many options: heaping 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, nuts, cinnamon, pure maple syrup, honey, yogurt
1. In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, cook the banana and non-dairy butter or oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and add the oats, chia, milk, spices, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well until combined.
3. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Scoop into a bowl and top!